Who are we?
The River Project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to planning for natural resource protection, conservation and enhancement in Los Angeles County. Our mission is to encourage responsible management of our watershed lands and revitalization of our rivers for the social, economic and environmental benefit of our communities. Through outreach, advocacy, scientific research and hands-on educational programs, we provide communities with the tools to reclaim their riverfront lands.
What do we do?
- Advocate for a more integrated watershed-based approach to planning
- Identify opportunities to improve our riverfronts and surrounding watershed lands
- Undertake necessary scientific studies to revitalize our rivers
- Focus on accomplishing multi-objective projects
- Participate in policy development at the local, regional and statewide level
- Engage communities in the process of creating parkways and bikeways along our rivers
- Work closely with schools to provide hands on, project-based learning opportunities
- Facilitate locally-driven public art along our river greenways
- Provide communities with the knowledge and tools they need to be watershed stewards
- Promote awareness of our native ecosystem and a sense of place in Southern California