Who are we?
The River Project (TRP) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to natural resource protection, conservation, and enhancement. Our mission is to encourage responsible planning and management of our lands: working toward living rivers nourished by healthy watersheds for the social, economic, and environmental benefit of our communities. Through outreach, advocacy, scientific research, and hands-on educational programs, we provide Angelenos with the tools to create climate resilient communities.
What do we do?
- Advocate for a more integrated, watershed-based approach to policy, planning, and development at the local, regional, and statewide level
- Identify opportunities to reclaim our riverfronts and revive surrounding watershed lands, using the necessary scientific studies to regenerate our rivers and make Los Angeles climate resiliant
- Work closely with communities and schools to provide hands-on, project-based learning opportunities, empowering Angelenos with the knowledge and tools needed to become watershed stewards
- Facilitate locally-driven public art throughout the watershed to promote awareness of our native ecosystem and a sense of place in Southern California
- Retrofit LA for resilience using Urban Acupuncture and catalyzing a new normal in Los Angeles